Official Event Summary: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20102011/ES030112.HTM
* The Rangers were defeated by the Washington Capitals, 2-0, tonight at Verizon Center, in Game Two of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinals matchup. The Capitals lead the series 2-0.
* New York has begun a best-of-seven series with an overtime loss in Game One and a regulation loss in Game Two only once before, in the first round of the 1996 playoffs against the Montreal Canadiens. The Rangers won that series, 4-2.
* The Blueshirts were credited with 38 hits in the contest, including 18 hits in the first period. Ruslan Fedotenko led the team and tied for the game-high with six hits. During the regular season, the Rangers led the league with 2,333 hits and Fedotenko ranked fifth on the team with 150 hits.
* Dan Girardi was credited with four hits and a game-high, four blocked shots, and led all skaters with 23:41 of ice time.
* Brandon Prust registered four hits, all in the first period, and now leads the team and is tied for fourth in the NHL with nine hits in the playoffs.
* Henrik Lundqvist made 16 saves in net, and is now 0-2 with a 1.76 goals against average and a .922 save percentage in two playoff games. He has now appeared in 28 consecutive games, and has started in each of the Rangers last 31 playoff contests.
* Marian Gaborik tied for the team with four shots on goal, registered four hits and led all forwards with 23:18 of ice time.
* The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Apr. 16, is 1:00 p.m. at the MSG Training Center.
* The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Washington Capitals on Sunday, Apr. 17, at Madison Square Garden (3:00 p.m.), in Game Three of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinals match-up. The game will be televised live on NBC, and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and www.newyorkrangers.com.