The Road Warriors opened up their road schedule last night with a visit to their closest opponent, the Gwinnett Gladiators. The Gladiators weren’t the most gracious hosts as they defeated the Road Warriors by five goals in their home opener. Starting tonight, though, Greenville will have its first of many chances to answer back because the Road Warriors and Gladiators have 16 meetings remaining. Greenville is 4-5-0 all time against the Gladiators in Gwinnett. The Road Warriors are also looking to get their offense on track tonight. They are sixth in the league with an average of 33.67 shots per game but have yet to score more than two goals in a game this season.
- The Road Warriors had the second best road record in the league in 2010-11 at 21-12-3. They also had the best road defense in the East with 103 goals against (2.86 goals-against average).
- Greenville has not had a losing streak longer than three games in its history. Gwinnett is responsible for the Road Warriors’ lone three game skid (Jan. 6 to Jan. 8, 2011).
- Justin Bowers is 9 games away from skating in his 100th ECHL game and needs just two points to reach 100 in the ECHL.
- Wes Cunningham earned the 100th assist of his ECHL career with the helper on Jeff Prough’s power play goal vs. Wheeling on Oct. 14. Last season, Cunningham led all ECHL defensemen with 36 helpers
and was runner up for defenseman of the year.
- Greenville’s 44 shots on 10/15 vs. REA were the second most in a regulation game in their history. Most was 45 vs. REA 3/24/11 (W 5-2).
Mark your calendars! The Road Warriors take on the Florida Everblades at the BI-LO Center on October 28 at 7:35 p.m. Come out and enjoy the Spinx Friday Family Four Pack which gets you four tickets, four hot dogs, four bags of chips, and four fountain drinks for just $48. Great group seats are still available for the game. Groups of 10 or more get preferred seating and discounts off of the box office price. Fans can call 864-674-PUCK (7825) to speak to a Road Warriors ticket representative and book their group outing.