– The Rangers defeated the Ottawa Senators, 3-2, tonight at Scotiabank Place to extend their winning streak to five games, and improved to 8-3-3 (19 pts) on the season with a 4-2-2 mark on the road.
– The Rangers have out-scored their opponents, 18-8, during their current five-game winning streak.
– The Blueshirts have registered at least one point in nine of the last 11 games (8-2-1 over the span), including in each of the last six games (5-0-1).
– New York held Ottawa scoreless in two power play attempts (2:25), and are now 12 of 13 (92.3%) on the penalty kill during their current five-game winning streak.
– The line of Derek Stepan, Artem Anisimov and Marian Gaborik combined for seven points (three goals, four assists) in the contest, and have now totaled 19 points (six goals, 13 assists) in the last three games.
– After falling behind, 1-0, at 8:39 of the second, New York responded with three consecutive goals beginning with an even strength tally just 42 seconds later at 9:21. The Rangers took the lead 2:17 later with a goal at 11:38 of the second, and notched their third straight goal at 8:30 of the third period.
– Marian Gaborik notched two goals, including the game-winner at 8:30 of the third period, to extend his scoring streak to four games (four goals, three assists over the span), and has now registered 11 points (five goals, six assists) and a plus-seven rating in the last seven games. He also tied for the game-high with five shots on goal, was credited with three hits and posted a plus-three rating in the contest to earn first star honors. Gaborik, who has recorded four goals in the last two games, leads the team and is currently tied for fifth in the NHL with nine goals on the season.
– Derek Stepan tallied a game-high, three points (one goal, two assists) and posted a plus-three rating in 20:33 of ice time to earn second star honors. He extended his scoring streak to three games, registering seven points (two goals, five assists) over the span, and has recorded nine points (three goals, six assists) and a plus-eight rating in the last six contests. Stepan is now tied for second on the team in scoring with 10 points (three goals, seven assists) on the season.
– Artem Anisimov registered two assists and a plus-three rating in 18:44 of ice time to extend his assist streak to three games, recording six assists and a plus-six rating over the span. He leads the team and is currently tied for 19th in the NHL with nine assists on the season.
– Henrik Lundqvist made 29 saves to record his third consecutive win, and improved to 5-3-3 overall with a 3-2-2 mark on the road. During his three-game winning streak, Lundqvist has posted a 1.95 goals against average and a .931 save percentage.
– Brian Boyle, Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky tied for the team-high with four hits apiece.
– Dan Girardi led all skaters with 28:14 of ice time, and was credited with three hits and three blocked shots in the contest. Ryan McDonagh logged 27:51 of ice time and registered two blocked shots, while Michael Sauer recorded three blocked shots in a season-high, 22:05 of ice time.
– The Rangers’ practice schedule for tomorrow, November 10, is 12:00 p.m. at the MSG Training Center.